New Member!!

Public (no password required) forum for discussion anything about Trailer Sailing or about our club, the North East Trailer Sailors
Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue
DSC_number: 0

New Member!!

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Hello all.

This is the third year with our Mac and we are loving every minute of it. It is an old classic with a lot of class. She sat for 15 years but was in surprisingly good shape. There is always room for a repair or modification however. The adventures have been as classic as sailing back from Cuttyhunk at midnight under a full moon with candlelight during a major meteor shower to drinking champagne on the bow in our driveway or my personal favorite where the driver's side trailer tire passed us on the Mass Pike, in jammed traffic, at 65mph on fathers day afternoon.

I'm looking forward to sailing with other folks. So far it has been a solitary existence. Well that is if you don't include the crew... Sue and my three girls Bailey, Grace and Natalie. Oh, and Betty the dog. Yes we all fit and have spent wet nights in four foot seas eating pasta and dog hair. I tell them it builds charachter!

Cleaning her up on Friday and Sat and hopefully dipping her in Webster lake for a Sunday sail. I hope to see more posts on the forum!!

OverEasy
dolphin

Re: New Member!!

Post by OverEasy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 am

Welcome aboard! It's great to hear from new members, (and any member). Hopefully we'll see you at some of our rendezvous and get togethers. Look for the rendezvous schedule in the Members section of the website. You can also post an outing on the Sail Together board.

Andrew
s/v Over Easy

Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue

Post by Tsatzsue » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Sounds good. I did notice the lack of blog activity. Mostly old stuff. Real old. Hopefully now that the season is here people start chatting. I go on the Macgregor owners site a lot. I could plug the club on there.

Ynot
tadpole

Post by Ynot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 am

Welcome to the club!

We sincerely hope that you will come sail with us...no need to be solitary! The Allen Harbor rendezvous in June (and again in August) is a great one to come to and is not too far from you in North Kingstown, RI. Check out the rendezvous schedule for all of our events. We always make sure to attend the Champlain rendezvous and schedule our summer around it. Lake Champlain is a wonderful cruising grounds.

Don't be put-off by our lack of posts. The group is still active, but sometimes "life" gets in the way. Anyone can post to the forum and pictures are always welcome!

Jump IN!

Nancy

nets_user
guppy
Boat_year: 1984
Boat_Model: 222

Post by nets_user » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:05 am

Ahoy! We are Chris, Lenore and Kira. Our home port is Port Rowan, Ontario on Lake Erie. We renewed our membership and hope to get to the August Allen Harbor rendezvous. We sail Teliki, a Mac 26C with our 11 year old daughter. Was thrilled to see a boat with family. Hope to meet up some time. We are TSA members and do their annual North Channel cruise. 2 summers ago we trailered to Lake Champlain with fellow TSA members Shawn and Kathy from Thistle Dew. We had an amazing 2 weeks. Although Hurricane Irene brought a little more excitement than we had anticipated!
Attachments
image.jpg
Anchored at Burton Island, Lake Champlain.

ahill
guppy

Post by ahill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi to the newbees. I welcome you to our group. We have been with the group about 10 years or so and enjoy every time we are out on the water, at meetings or parties with anyone from the group. I am the Cruise/Fleet Captain and first mate (Admiral) of our 26X MacGregor SV Karamal with my husband Al the Captain and Commodore of our group.
We hope to see you at Allen Harbour in August. We will be at Lake Champlain in July. Can't wait to get on board and sail the New England waters again. Glad to have you as new members.

Thinking of sailing adventures

Karen Hill