Question of the month - December

Public (no password required) forum for discussion anything about Trailer Sailing or about our club, the North East Trailer Sailors
OverEasy
dolphin

Question of the month - December

Post by OverEasy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:18 pm

I assume that this type of FUBAR happens to everyone at some point and not just me! :?
It happens when you are pulling a line thru a block, fairlead, or near a cleat... and the line snags!
It also happens when your neatly coiled anchor line turns into a ball of spaghetti. Dock lines and power cords are not immune to this either...

What is the word?... What do you call it when this happens??...

Question of the month... What do you call it??!

Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue
DSC_number: 0

Re: Question of the month - December

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:54 am

In the words of the car talk guys...A Royal Paindiaz!! Not to be confused with Sasha Pandiaz or Whata Paindiaz or just simply a Pandiaz!! Actvity on the forum. Exciting. The Chrismas party is looking grim for us. We have my company party the same day.

OverEasy
dolphin

Post by OverEasy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 pm

The Chrismas party is looking grim for us. We have my company party the same day.
But you get to act silly act with your coworkers every day! There are only a few opportunities that you get to act silly with fellow boaters!! :D

Tsatzsue
sailfish

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 am

I can't get into the meeting minutes.? Any ideas?

OverEasy
dolphin

Post by OverEasy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:33 am

Tsatzsue wrote:I can't get into the meeting minutes.? Any ideas?
The Meeting Minutes is in the Members Only section and requires log-in to view, same as to post. Since you are posting, I cannot imagine what the problem is. I'll gmail you a copy of the November minutes. If you continue having this issue, touch base with Paul Seeberg -Webmaster for additional help.

Andrew

Tsatzsue
sailfish

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 am

The anchor line is classic. That happens every time. Even when I get it ready a mile before the anchorage and the anchor is on deck.

I have been trying a new deployment method. Using my newly installed chock blocks I run a line back outside the safety lines back to the cockpit to the anchor and one inside to a stern cleat. I have the anchor ready back there so when I drop it all I have to do is reverse to set. Once enough line is paid out I cleat it. Once secure walk to the bow to secure to bow cleat. That is if a catastrophic snarl doesn't take place.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!